Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Writing...

I was going back and looking through all of the posts from my past, and I realized that I haven't put up any poems for quite some time. Now I have two.
They both have almost the same title, and they are both what is called a "list" poem.
One is MUCH more light-hearted than the other. But I just thought that you might enjoy them. They are in chronological order.

Things I Learned Last Week

You send two men to a fishing expo,
You will find a pontoon boat in your basement.

When in kindergarten,
People teach you to fill in the lines.
Then there is school,
Teachers tell you to write between the lines.
As an adult,
They tell you to sign on the lines.
Then someone tells you to be abstract.
You don't know how, no one ever taught you.

Never plug something into a bad plug,
You may not have power for a day.

Life goes on,
But if you are stuck,
Sometimes friends can be the best tow trucks.

It's ok for life to be a whirlwind,
But don't spin too fast,
Or all the pretty sights will be nothing but a blur.

Walking on a crust of hard snow is good,
Until you fall through.

Things don't need to have a purpose,
Some things just...are.

Money rocks, but only if you have it.

Snow is cold, really cold.
Sun doesn't help you warm up all that much!

(Inspiration: what a wierd week!, Date:1/18/07)


Things I Learned Last Week
(And A Bit of This Week Too)

Writing is good, but overrated.

When you are depressed, beware of spontaneous explosion.

Most circumstances are only as akward as you make them.

You are never really as good as you think you are,
But then again, you aren't as terrible either.

Death and suicide scare people,
Don't mention it to them.

If you have an epiphany, keep it to yourself until the "oppotune moment",
Just trust me.

Insanity sucks, but it can be good for you.

You can be independant and relationship based at the same time,
Who knew?


(Date: 3/4/08)

So, yeah. Those are just two poems that I thought you might enjoy. If you didn't enjoy one, you are bound to have enjoyed another...or not... I guess that's your choice.
I hope that you are having better weeks than both of those that I have written about!
Lizzie~

5 comments:

griffinrider said...

i liked both poems. thank you for enlightening me.

☽ruby☾ said...

nice i like those poems.

bimal said...

Wow those are such nice poems! you'll be a great writer one day!

Thanks for your comments! I know its been a while now and the wallpaper is still in process... :( I apologize for that... but! i will resume it during this coming weekend and will try to finish it and post it!

YEah i know sometimes you feel proud when a complete unknown person comments on your posts. I felt the same way the day you did. And it made me happy :) Keep it up, keep on writing poems :)

By the way, that blue rose looks great! And did i tell you, i checked your friend's (Alyssa) website! She has gorgeous flowers, i mean even in my country i havent seen such flowers! I cant wait to get over with my summer courses and start making flowers! I really really want to make a flower bloom, with all the details a computer can put into it! :))

HAve a nice day!

~Silver said...

:) thanks, for the comment. And I like the poems.

Alyssa said...

Hi Lizzie - Sorry I've not written in a long time. You know how things in "real" life come up and take over your computer time...
Anyway, I really enjoyed your poems. There are some mature "words of wisdom" in your writings and I can sense that you have a great future ahead of you!
I especially like the line about friends being the best tow trucks.

Like I've said before, your writing makes you seem much older than you are.

I see you are in Minnesota right now. Great state to take a vacation! I hope that they don't have tons of mosquitos like we do here. Have a wonderful time and excellent poems!